Wednesday, February 6, 2008

BYU 24, UNLV 14


Another game on motorcycles, but this time... all the way to Vegas! My Dad rode his bike with my Mom on the back and Kirk rode his with his wife Joy on the back. Brian and I both rode our bikes as well. In the picture you can see Brian, My Dad, and me. Joy took the picture with her cell phone from the back of Kirk's back. Pretty impressive.
What you are not able to see in the picture is how cold we were on the first leg of the trip. We rode to Fillmore and I couldn't feel my feet anymore. All I could think about was that when I exit the freeway, I'm not going to be able to shift gears. I had to lift my whole leg instead of just my foot.
We got to Maverick in Fillmore and warmed up. We all got a hot chocolate because nothing else sounded better.
After Fillmore, the drive was great. No more rain, so we dried off and the clouds started disappearing. In fact, once we hit St. George, we shed the layers and we were all in t-shirts. My Mom and Dad were smart and wore like 10 layers each.
We stayed in extended stay deluxe and had a pleasant time there. We always look for the cheapest hotels to stay in and this was it. We headed straight to the game after that.
Once we got to the game, emotions were running high again. We got parking right next to the stadium with our bikes, so that was cool. Remember that Nevada has a helmet law where EVERYBODY has to wear a helmet. (Kirk) ;)
We were on the second row of the endzone, so we were really close. It was funny though because we couldn't really see how many yards the team got when they made a play. We would guess after each play and see who was closest.
We were surrounded by UNLV fans and of course, a fight was starting. Nothing happened, but we were annoyed. Some comments were thrown around about religion and they told us to go back to our temple. *I don't think they know there is one in Vegas* :)
The game was close at certain points, but we pulled off a good game. It felt great after UNLV shut Utah out. It was a fun game and for me it was worth the drive.

2 comments:

Kirk C. said...

Stupid Nevada. Why can't they get with the program?!

That was a great trip, except that I couldn't walk for 15 minutes after each stop.

And that leg of the trip to Fillmore...uh....SUCKED!

Anonymous said...

You have hit the mark. It is excellent thought. I support you.