Thursday, August 2, 2007

Las Vegas Bowl 2006



My Family and I packed up our stuff and headed down to the Las Vegas Bowl for 2006. My Brother Brian and I stayed at the Hilton just off of the strip. It was an okay experience, but I am glad I didn't pay full price for the Hotel. We did enjoy a nice breakfast buffet though.


We arrived the night before the game so that we could walk around Las Vegas for a day. After our buffet, we hit Circus Circus where I got my face painted like a cougar.

At the game, we sat in the endzone around row 30. 16 of us were there as we enjoyed watching the Cougars cook the Ducks of Oregon.

BYU started the game a little rough and I was getting a little worried. However, the defense was shining and continued to do so throughout the entire game.

After the first couple of drives, BYU started to score at will. Jonny Harline (13) proved to the defense that he should have been voted as best Tight End in the nation. He was awarded the MVP for the game. John Beck also had a wonderful game and set a few records.

At the end of the game, my friend and I ran out on the field. We jumped onto the field with about 2 seconds left in the game to try and be some of the first ones out there. We were able to jump around with the team and celebrate. I also listened to Jonny Harline in an interview and had him sign a program afterward.

After the game, we went to another Buffet and then went to bed. We traveled back the next morning feeling great from our victory!

1 comment:

Kirk C. said...

The best was the fireworks when the PA guy annouced the BYU team and the team came out onto the field while the fireworks were going. It was like BYU was the home team, like we were playing in Provo. And you could tell from the 80/20 ratio of fans there, 80% being BYU fans.